- This event has passed.
Christmas Past at The Hidden Lantern Bookstore
November 25, 2014 @ 4:00 am - 5:00 pm
A PROGRAM ABOUT:
• Christmas – faith + fiction
• The genesis of Santa Claus
• The influence on Christmas by four 19th century New Yorkers
• Washington Irving + Charles Dickens
• Charles Dickens – the man of faith
• The inspiration for Dickens to pen A Christmas Carol
RICHARD BARLOW ADAMS is a member of the original London Dickens Fellowship, Adams is the author of Eben Kruge: How A Christmas Carol Came to be Written…a Story about Charles Dickens, addressing the question: what triggered Dickens’s imagination to write the beloved story of faith that for more than 170 years at Christmas time has drawn people to their better nature + universally engendered a sense of concern for all humankind?
Adams is also the author of The Parting: A Story of West Point on the Eve of the Civil War, the true story of the soon to be estranged band of brothers that comprised the West Point Class of 1861. Adams is a consulting forensic engineer, West Point graduate, Vietnam veteran + formerly an SMU professor, Academy lecturer, Army aviator + ski instructor for Vail Resorts.