Roses are red, skies are blue, find these for your Valentine or keep them just for you! The Merchants of Rosemary Beach offer such an incredible variety of gifts from decor items, fashion, jewelry, books and active gear that finding just the right token for that special someone is as easy as a walk on the beach. Take a look and pick up these lovely gifts in Rosemary Beach®.
1. Understated and chic, this bracelet is perfect for the Valentine with elegant bohemian style. Ohkuol white druzy bracelet $130, Hidden Lantern Gallery
2. Sunshine and salt air always win hearts. SupLove Surfboard 11’2″, Bombora Sun and Surf (additional styles available)
3. Curate a gift box of items to help pamper, relax and rejuvenate. Small gift boxes $3, large gift boxes $5 plus contents, Pish Posh Patchouli’s (additional items available)
4. The way to a girl’s heart is surely with shoes and this stylish pair works with nearly any outfit. Rachel Zoe Skyla heels $295, Willow Boutique
5. Romance lives on the pages of these books. Why I Love You: A Journal of Us by Suzanne Zenkel, Love Quotes and Passages From the Heart by B.C. Aronson, Love Letters of Great Men by Ursula Doyle; Hidden Lantern Bookstore
6. Fresh flowers and beautiful arrangements are a Valentine’s must-have. Long stem red roses, Iona’s Flower Market
7. Frame your sweetest moments from Rosemary Beach®. Love You More frame, Rosemary Beach Trading Company
8. Fill your space with the rich smell of sueded leather and cedar with this dreamy candle. Voluspa Suede Blanc candle $35, Tracery Interiors
9. The ultimate V Day color palette is designer chic with this playful wallet. Tory Burch Robinson zip $125, Willow Boutique
10. Give a cool watch he’s sure to love. Nixon Men’s Leather Watches, Bombora Sun and Surf
(additional styles available)
11. Modern meets classic with this tech accessory ready for a day at the beach. Henley Leather Speaker, August + Brill
12. Add to her jewelry collection with this layered necklace. Twenty-nine eleven crystal cross necklace $76, Moonpize
13. Indulge in this cheeky blend of 60% Syrah, 30% Zin and 10
Now that you’ve found the perfect Valentine’s Day gift, you can also search for a weekend beach rental or make plans to wine and dine in one of the delicious restaurants in Rosemary Beach®:
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Rosemary Beach’s community newspaper, the Rosemary Thymes has arrived hot-off-the-press just in time for our annual Homeowners Weekend. We’re thrilled to share the newest issue as Susan Vallee shares her Editor’s Note below and invites you to flip through the Fall 2014 edition for the latest happenings and stories from our town. Enjoy!
There is so much to be thankful for as we approach Thanksgiving and the holiday season! Do you like our new look? We worked hard to improve our page layout, photographic quality, font sizes and color palette so the paper would be easier to navigate and to read. We are also working to reflect the town’s commitment to architecture, nature and community through our stories and images. I’d love to hear suggestions for stories, or events that you’d like us to feature. I want the Thymes to be the absolute best it can be while reflecting the wonderful spirit of this town.
We have also launched a Facebook page (just search for Rosemary Thymes). It’s just another way we can stay in touch with our readers and you can stay informed about all the great things taking place here in paradise.
In this issue we highlight several individuals who give their time, talent and money to causes greater than themselves. I hope their determination will inspire you to give more of yourself.
The staff of Amavida is fundraising (and looking for participants) in its upcoming 40 mile race. No, that is not a typo. It really is a 40 mile race. Runners are seeking donations. Please see page 24 to find out more.
Resident author Cym Lowell is donating 100 percent of book sales to fund a Wounded Warrior cause that is near and dear to his heart. He was looking for a way to help veterans when he learned of the need for adaptive laptop computers. You can purchase his book, “Jaspar’s War,” at The Hidden Lantern Bookstore and feel great knowing that not only did you just get an
entertaining story for yourself, but you also helped a soldier. Thank you Cym for doing this.
The annual Jim DelMauro Rosemary Run has raised more than $100,000 for The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s research. Isn’t that wonderful? Homeowner Jim DelMauro is a fighter and he is facing this diagnosis with courage and a great attitude. If you missed the race, you can still donate to the cause by going to jdmrosemaryrun.org.
Rosemary Beach Foundation helped raise money for the new Alaqua Animal Refuge in Freeport. The facility is moving to 85 donated acres and is working with Jim Fowler on designing an “animal welfare zoo.” Please see page 12 for more.
Check out the great photo by Cocoa L. Photography on page 8. It captures Rita’s infectious smile and her big heart. Rita has been an employee at Gigi’s Fabulous Kids’ Fashions & Toys for 10 years, but she’s also been behind the stores success. There’s just something special about going into a store and being recognized. And no matter who you are, Rita will remember you. I can’t even count the times she has sat on the floor to play with my son or carried my baby around the store so I could shop (and she could play). You can’t buy that kind of service. The town of Rosemary is lucky to have Ms. Rita (as we call her). She helps every kid in town feel important and special. And for that, she is most deserving of a crown indeed. Happy 10th anniversary Rita!
SUSAN VALLEE – EDITOR
(Click the widget below to enlarge and read the full issue.)
The fall season is even better when spent at the beach. Each year we look forward to cooler breezes, crisp air and golden sunshine creating an added glow to our cozy beach town. The annual Harvest Market and Halloween Celebration is one filled with plenty of autumn fun for locals and visitors alike. The Harvest Market is filled with artisanal goodies and hand-crafted items from around the South (and beyond) while the Barrett Square is filled with games, trick-or-treating and festive activities for kids. Don a favorite costume and join us for this year’s event October 25.
In case you missed nabbing tickets to this year’s SOLD OUT Rosemary Beach Uncorked event October 18, now is your chance to score two tickets, thanks to Rosemary Beach Cottage Rental Company. Simply enter via the widget below and you’ll be one step closer to sipping fine wines and the best cuisine from restaurants in Rosemary Beach including Amavida Coffee, CK’s Feed & Supply, Cowgirl Kitchen, Edward’s Fine Food & Wine, Havana Beach Bar & Grill, La Crema Tapas & Chocolate, Restaurant Paradise, Summer Kitchen and Wild Olives. The random winner will be announced Thursday, October 9. Best of luck!